RULES / Instructions
In accordance with the Central Board of Secondary Education, Delhi, the school observes the academic session from April to March.
” First Term : April to September.
” Second Term : October to March.
The school observes Summer Vacation, Deepawali Vacation and Winter Vacation.
Classes I to XII
Students should come to school not before 7:45a.m.(Summer) 8:00a.m.(Winter)
Summer Time: – 7:55 a.m. to 2:15 p.m.
Winter Time: – 8:15 a.m. to 2:20 p.m.
Playway to U.K.G. (Monday to Friday)
Summer Time: – 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Winter Time: – 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
School Accounts Office (Public Dealing):- 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Parents and guardians are not allowed to walk into the classrooms to consult teachers during the school working hours. They may meet the Principal / Teachers during the Parent Teacher Meeting held as per schedule or during theVisiting Hours given below:
Principal’s Visiting Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Teacher’s Visiting Hours: 2:10 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
REGISTRATION AND ADMISSION
- The school prepares the students for All India Secondary / Senior School Certificate Examination of CBSE for classes X and XII.
- Admission is open to all, who having attained the minimum age of three years, irrespective of caste, creed or social status.
- The name of the child may be registered for admission for classes Play way to XII. The parents should complete all formalities for admission within ten (10) working days after Registration. Registration does not guarantee admission.
- At the time of admission to class Playway to K.G., parents are required to submit a Birth Certificate from the “Registrar of Births” as proof of age.For other Classes list of documents required may be collected from the Reception.
- Admission to Class I to VIII will be based on the previous class results.
- Admission to Class IX& XI will be based on the previous class resultandadmission test.
- Admission to Class X & XII will be based on the result of Class IX and Class XI respectively and an admission test,as per the norms of CBSE.
- Students who excel in Sports will be given weightage for admission.
- Admissions are subject to vacancies.
- Students migrating from other schools must submit
- Transfer Certificate/School Leaving Certificatein original duly countersigned by the authority of the respective board other than CBSE affiliated school.
- Photo Copy ofProgress Report Card/DMC attested by the Principal of previous School.
- Photocopy of the Transfer Certificate/School Leaving Certificate and Registration Card attested by the Principal of previous School.
- The admission of a child to the School means complete acceptance by the Parents/Guardians of the school rules laid down/amended from time to time.
- All disputes are subject to U.T. Chandigarh jurisdiction.
EXAMINATION AND PROMOTION
- Marks obtained in internal assessments, Unit tests and Terminal examinations are added for promotion. It is essential that a student secures 33% marks in each subject for promotion to the next class.
- Promotion from Class V, VIII,IX and XI will be as per the rules of RTE /CBSE Examination system. It is essential that a student secures 33% marks in each subject. A student who fails in one subject will be given one additional opportunity for re-examination. If he/she fails in the re-examination, the child will be detained in the same class.
- The student who fails in two subjects will not be promoted to the next class.
- When students are ill, they should not be sent to the school. In case of illness the final result in respect of such students will be declared on the basis of term work and general performance during the session.
- If a student does not appear in a Test / Examination without prior permission, Re-examination fee will be charged as per school rules.
- Reappear and Re-evaluation fee will be charged as per school rules.
- During the examination if a candidate isfound using mobile phones, smart gadgets, coping material or other mode of unfair means, he/shewill be detained.
- In case parents wish to withdraw their child they must apply for the Transfer certificate.
- Transfer Certificate will be issued within seven working days of the request subject to clearance of all dues.
- Duplicate T.C./Report Card/Certificate etc. will be issued on payment as per School Rules.
- For refund please refer to “Fee Refund Rules”.
ATTENDANCE / LEAVE
- Attendance of 75% of the total number of working days of the school in an academic year is compulsory. No pupil shall be eligible to appear in School / Boardexamination unless he/she puts in the required percentage of attendance. This rule holds good in respect of all classes. Parents are particularly requested to take note of this rule.
- If a student remains absent for six working days his/her name shall be struck off from the school rolls and the student may be readmitted only at the discretion of the Principal. The readmission fee will be charged as per school rules
- Once a student joins his/her class on a working day he/she will not be permitted to leave the school during school hours, except in case of emergency. Parents should come personally to take their wards with the permission of the Principal.
- Leave of absence will not ordinarily be granted on the first and the last day of the school term.
- Attendance on the first day of school after vacations is compulsory. If a child is not present on the reopening day after vacations, a fine of Rs. 100/- per day shall be levied. Non-availability of reservation will not be accepted as an excuse for absence on the reopening day.
- All applications for Leave should be addressed to the Principal and submitted to the class teacher, on or before the day the leave is requested.
- No pupil shall absent himself/herself from the class without obtaining prior permission of the class teacher. If prior permission cannot be sought on grounds of health or unforeseen circumstances, an application for leave must be sent to the class teacher, not later than the following day. The Vice Principal may sanction leave up to three days and leave for more than three days will be sanctioned by the Principal.
- A medical certificate shall invariably support all applications for leave on medical grounds for more than two days.
PAYMENT SCHEDULE (School Fee)
- For payment of fee we have our account with Central Bank of India, S.C.O. 30, Sector 18-C, Chandigarhand HDFC BANK LTD, Sector 19, Chandigarh.
- Due Dates for payment of fee:
Instalment Month Due Date
1st Instalment April – June April10th
2nd Instalment July – September July10th
3rd Instalment October– December October10th
4th Instalment January– March January10th
- PAYMENT: –
- Fee/Tuition Fee is liveableto be paid for twelve (12) months. Students of Class XI joining in July/August shall pay Fee/Tuition Fee for twelve (12) months i.e. from April for the session.
- The second sibling will be given 10% concession on the annual tuition fee.
- Payments by Cheque without late fee will be accepted by 7th of the Month. In case payment is made by cheque, Name of Student, Admission No, Class and Telephone No. should be written at the back of the cheque. If the cheque is dishonoured a fine of Rs. 250/- (over and above the late fee fine) will became applicable.
- If the due date for payment of fee is on a bank holiday, the fee will be accepted on the next working day without late fee fine. The Bank is open on all working days irrespective of school holidays.
- If fee is not received by the 10th of the month, a fine of Rs. 100/- shall be levied.
- A registered notice will be sent thereafter and the name of the student will be struck off the rolls on the last working day of the month. He / She will not be allowed to attend the classes.
- The student will be readmitted on payment of readmission fee as per school rules.
- Students, whose dues are not cleared to date, S/he will not be allowed to;
- Accompany on school trips.
- Appear for the terminal/final examinations.
- Taxes, if any, levied by the Govt. will be charged extra.
- Online Fee Payment:
Parents may pay school fee online by downloading “Mycampus Live” application from Play store on your android devices and App store on your Apple devices.
You may also visit our school website www.npschd.com and click on school ERP (E-Payment) link or you may directly login to mycampus.cloud.
In both cases, User ID and Password are same and will be sent by school through SMS on your registered mobile number.
Payment Mode: Net banking, Credit Card, Debit Card.
Parents may also make NEFT/E Fee Transfer as per details given below and inform the School authorities through Email: email@example.com with student’s details.
BANK HDFC BANK LTD.
IFSC CODE HDFC0009034
BRANCH NAME HDFC BANK LTD.
ADDRESS Sector 19, Chandigarh – 160019
CONTACT NO. 0172-4569091
STATE U.T. CHANDIGARH
School Account Name THE NEW PUBLIC SCHOOL
School Fee Account Number 50200038072422
FEE REFUND RULES
- After admission if parents wish to withdraw the child fee will be refunded as follows;
- If application is received before March 31st, 50% Admission Fee will be refunded.
- If application is received in April, Admission Fee will not be refunded.
- If application is received during mid-session, on or before 7th of the month, fee for the month will be charged.
- If application is received during mid-session, after 7th of the month, fee for the next month will also be charged.
- Those who wish to withdraw in the month of May (before the summer vacations), shall pay the fee for the month of June as well.
- Those who wish to withdraw after the academic session should inform the school in writing by 15th March – failing which fee for the next month will be charged.
The School shall not be liable for any damages/charges on account of injuries, fatal or otherwise which may be sustained by the student at any time during his/her stay in the school, while taking part in studies, sports, tracks, tours, excursions and extracurricular activities, within or outside the school premises. All expenses for treatment in such cases will be borne by the Parents/Guardians.
SCHOOL TRANSPORT FACILITY
- Transport of the ward to and from the school is entirely the responsibility of the parents.
- Private transporters have been identified to provide Van and Bus services for the school students. The transport facility provided is purely optional and may be utilized by parents only if it meets with their requirement and suits their needs. Every effort will be made to ensure adequate proper seating arrangement.
- Private transporter shall collect the Transport Fee / Charges from the parents.
- The school only facilitates coordination of parents and transporters. Complaints if any should be addressed to the Transport In charge,RavinderSethi (Mob. 9316119486).
- Transport is provided to the students, on request, subject to feasibility. No special facility will be provided for any student.
- Transport Fee will be charged bimonthly (April-May, June-July, Aug-Sep, Oct-Nov, Dec-Jan & Feb-Mar).
- To discontinue the facility during Mid-Session a written application must be submitted to the transporter giving a month’s notice.
- Fee for eleven and a half months in a year is charged from students availing the facility of school transport.
- If a child avails the bus facility even for a day of the month the bus charges will have to be paid as per the instalment of that particular period.
- One time Insurance charges of Rs 200/- will be levied at the beginning of the session.
- For single side bus facility the charges shall be 75% of the bus charges.
- Student indulging in aggressive or violent behaviour will not be allowed to use transport facility.
- Bus facility cannot be discontinued after November.
- Shirt (half Sleeves) – White (with insignia).
- T-Shirt – White (with insignia) for Play way and Nursery only (as per school specifications)
- Trousers/Tunic – Mixture Grey (as per school specifications).
- Divided Skirt – Mixture Grey for Play way and Nursery only (as per school specifications)
- Shorts – Mixture Grey (Play way to Class V, for boys).
- Cycling Shorts – Black (for girls).
- Vest – White.
- Black Rubber band
- Turban – Maroon (Class VIII and above, for Sikh boys) with light blue under turban.
- Under Turban – Maroon (upto Class V).
- Handkerchief – White.
- Shoes (plain with laces) – Black.
- Socks/Belt – As per School Specification.
NOTE:- School tie not to be worn. Minimum width of Trousers Bottom for classes VI to XII – 16 inches.
- Class I to III – White shirt (with insignia) white Shorts/Tunic, White under turban and White Shoes, Cycling Shorts – White.
- Class IV to V – House T-Shirts (with insignia), White Shorts/Tunic, White under turban, White Shoes, White Cycling Shorts.
- Class VI to X – House T-Shirt& Lowers (as per school specifications), Maroon under turban and Plain Black Shoes (sneakers).
- Class XI to XII –T-Shirt& Lowers (as per school specifications), Maroon under turban and Plain Black Shoes (sneakers).
- Shirt – White (full sleeves).
- Trouser/Tunic – Mixture Grey.
- Cycling Shorts – Black (for girls).
- Vest – White.
- Black Rubber band
- Turban – Maroon (Class VIII and above, for Sikh boys) with light blue under turban.
- Sweater – As Per School Specification.
- Blazer – Navy Blue (with insignia) (Compulsory from Class VI onwards).
- Handkerchief – White.
- Shoes – Black (Plain with laces).
- Socks/Belt/Tie – As per School Specifications.
- Woollen Cap – Navy Blue (Optional).
NOTE: – Girls may wear trousers.
Classes Playway to III – Monday to Saturday.
- Tracksuit as per School specification, T-shirt, White vest, Black shoes (sneakers), Grey woollen Socks, Maroon under turban, Sweater as per school specification.
Classes IV to XII – Wednesday, Saturday
(AND DURING INTER HOUSE SPORTS ACTIVITIES)
- House T-shirt and tracksuit / lower (as per school Specification).
- Under Turban – Maroon.
- Foot Wear – Black Shoes (Sneakers), Foot Ball Shoes, etc.
Note: DURING EXAMS SPORTS UNIFORM IS NOT ALLOWED.
Rules & Regulations
- The school rules are applicable to the students from the time they leave home for school.
- Ignorance of school rules will not be taken as an excuse for breaking them.
- Always remember to say ‘Thank you’, ‘Please’ and ‘Sorry’, which are the most graceful words.
- All students must carry their Almanac and identity card.
- Students should stand up, button up their blazers and remove their hands from their pockets at the approach of the teachers and visitors and GREET THEM.
- Any breach of conduct is an offence.
- English is to be spoken at all times.
- It is prohibited to bring Mobile Phones/Electronic gadgets/Valuable Articles/Jewellery/Smart Watches/ Wrist Bands to school. If a student is found in possession ofa mobile/Electronic gadget in theschool, it will be confiscated. It will be returned to the parent at the end of the academic session with a fine of Rs. 5000/-.
- Personal lockers are available at main Gate for the convenience of students (charges as per school rules).
- Students themselves are responsible for the safe custody of their books and belongings.
- Students of classes VIII to XII are allowed to wear a wristwatch.
- Students are allowed to commute by Motorcycle, Scooter or Moped, provided they have a valid Driving License and written permission from the Principal. It is compulsory for the boys as well as girls to wear a helmet.
- Magazines, novels, comics, etc. should not be brought to the school.
- Waste paper and other refuse should be thrown into the dustbin. Polythene bags are strongly discouraged.
- During assembly and recess students should not remain in the classroom.
- During school hours no student shall leave the school premises without the written permission of the Principal. Permission will be granted only on request from the parents.
- At a time only one student per class is allowed for conveniences against a pass issued by the teacher.
- Students are prohibited to buy eatables from street vendors.
- Visitors and friends are not allowed to meet students during school hours.
- Parents are requested not to visit the classrooms of their children.
- Teachers and Prefects are responsible for discipline in school and for the enforcement of rules.
- Parents are informed that the children may be sent home and put to great inconvenience for:-
- i) Coming late to school.
- ii) Not wearing proper uniform.
iii) Parents not having signed the diary.
- iv) If suffering from contagious diseases.
- Students should be courteous toall the non – teaching staff members.
- Peanuts, chewing gum and junk food (Noodles, Burger, Chips, Cold drinks, etc.) are prohibited.
- Lending and borrowing money or other articles is not allowed.
- Wearing low waist trousers with narrow bottomsare not allowed.
- Any damage to school property even by accident must be reported to the class teacher or warden.
- Parents/Guardians are liable to pay for or replace any damage to School property without any dispute.
- Bunking of classes is strictly forbidden.
- No attendance will be given for the suspension period.
- Parents are responsible for the welfare of the child after the school hours.
It is understood that the school authorities will take all care and precautions to safeguard the pupils. However, the school shall not be responsible for any mishap beyond their control / non-compliance of rules and regulations.
- School rules may be changed without any prior notice.
- Ragging is strictly prohibited in the school.
- Students should at all times maintain high standard of manners. In particular-
- They should show consideration for the needs of others.
- They should take pride in their personal appearance.
- All ladies, masters and visitors should be greeted.
- They must stand up (and remove hands from pockets) at the approach of ladies and gentlemen of their acquaintance.
- Students should not write or scribble on walls and desks.
- Running and shouting in classrooms and verandahs is prohibited.
- Habitual idleness, irregular attendance, disobedience or misconduct is sufficient reason for the dismissal of a student.
In summers the school gate will be closed at 8.05 am and winters at 8.25 A.M.Fine will be levied as under:
- Students of Classes I – VIII Rs 50/- for not wearing proper uniform / coming late to school.
- Students of Classes IX – X Rs 100/- for not wearing proper uniform / coming late to school.
- Students of Classes XI – XII Rs. 200/- for not wearing proper uniform / coming late to school.
- Parents are requested to see that their children are neat and tidy for school each morning.
- Blazers, jerseys and ties are to be worn during winter.
- The middle button of the blazer should be fastened except when seated.
- A pullover should not be worn under the shirt.
- Students of class IV and above should wear house T-shirts along with sports dress for all sports activities.
- Undergarments must be worn with school uniform.
- Plain black shoes are to be worn. Broad or designed shoes are not allowed.
- Girls with long hair should make two plaits. (Two pony tails for shoulder length hair).
- Boys should keep their hair short. Use of hair gel is prohibited.
- Nametags should be stitched on the uniform.
- Girls to wear cycling shorts with tunic.
- The class teacher must approve all pens used in school.
- Pencils are to be used up to class III.
The entire School Estate is in bounds with the exception of:-
- Servant quarters, Stores, Kitchen, School Office, Reception, Visitor’s Room,Staff Rooms, Canteen, Hostel Linen Room, Basement, TT Hall and Dormitories during school hours.
- The Dispensary (except for the students under treatment).The Computer Room, Class Rooms other than the student’s own. The Dining Hall except at mealtime.
- Outside the School Gate after the school hours.
- Classrooms must be kept tidy.
- Students should not write or scribble on the walls and desks.
- Windows must be fastened at all times whether open or closed.
- Lights and fans must be switched off when classrooms are vacant.
- The monitor must report to the School Office in case the class is without a teacher.
- Running and shouting in classrooms and verandahs is prohibited.
- The monitors are responsible for discipline in the classroom in the absence of the teacher. In case of difficulty they should seek help from the teacher / House or School Prefects.
- To maintain discipline in class.
- To clean the blackboard after every period.
- Chalk and duster must be kept on the teacher’s table.
- To report to the class teacher about those who create indiscipline.
- To see that students move in a line.
- To send students, out of the classroom only with a pass.
- To see that the classroom is neat and clean.
- To seek help from the teacher on duty in case of any difficulty.
- Entry in the Computer room is restricted.
- The class attending the computer period will not enter the computer room without the permission of the computer instructor.
- Students and instructors entering the computer room must clean their hands.
- Silence must be observed in the computer room.
- Monitor screen must not be touched.
- Keyboards must be handled properly.
- Eatables, sharp objects, pens, boxes etc. are strictly prohibited in the computer room.
- Silence has to be observed in the library at all times.
- Every student will be allowed to borrow One Book at a time, which should be returned within Two Weeks from the date of issue. During examination books will not be issued unless special permission from the Rector/ Senior master is granted.
- Reference books / Periodicals will not be issued.
- The books can be issued/returned only during the library periods.
- Back date journals/Magazines will be issued to students & staff members. Readers can make use of the current journals/ Magazines in the library only.
- School bags/personal books are not allowed in the Library.
- Library mal-practice (stealing, tearing of pages) should be notified to the librarian immediately.
- If you are not able to put back the Book in proper place from where it was taken please leave the book on table.
- Any difficulty experienced by students in the use of the library services may be brought to the notice of the librarian.
- Students & Staff must produce NO DUE certificate from the librarian before they leave school.
- A fine of Rs. 1.00 per day shall be charged if books are not returned within the specified time.
- In case of loss or damage to the library book the student will pay the fine determined by the school authorities.
- Silence is to be maintained at all times during the practical classes.
- Chemicals should be placed at allotted places.
- Chemicals should be handled with care.
- Lab coats should be worn during the practical.
- All chemical tests should be done in the presence of the lab assistant or the teacher concerned.
- The table should be cleaned before leaving the lab.
- Stools should be kept in order.
- Gas burners and taps should be switched off before locking the lab.
- Glassware and apparatus should be cleaned and kept at their respective places.
- No student should enter the lab in the absence of the teacher/lab attendant.
- No chemicals should be taken away without the permission of the teacher concerned.
- Entry to the auditorium is restricted.
- The class visiting the auditorium will not enter the same without permission of the teacher.
- Silence must be observed.
- Eatables, sharp objects, boxes etc. are strictly prohibited.
QUADRANGLE / LAWN
- Playing games, running or shouting in the quadrangle is not allowed.
- Walking on the grass is forbidden.
- Plants and trees should be cared for.
- Flowers should not be plucked from the school / public / private gardens.
- Students are forbidden to enter the canteen. They should stand in a proper line outside the canteen and make their purchases.
- Students are also forbidden to go to the canteen at any other time other than recess.
- Students will not behave aggressively with the canteen proprietor or any of his employees.
- Students will not litter the areas around the canteen or the grounds.
LOST & FOUND
- All items lost / found in the school premises must be reported / deposited with school office.
- If the school bell be heard at an unusual time or heard for longer than the usual period, the school will assemble in the football ground for roll call / assembly.
- Only members of the Staff and Prefects have the power to punish.
- Class Monitor is not allowed to punish the students but should only report the offense to the class teacher / prefects.
- Corporal punishment is not allowed.
- The prefect on duty will supervise punishment drill during the break.
- As a punishment, students can be debarred from going for their monthly outings or from viewing weekly films.
- A student is liable for expulsion from School/Hostel if he/she is found:
- Abusing or misbehaving with a teacher or any School staff member.
- Consuming or in possession of cigarettes, liquor or any form of drugs.
- Indulging in any act of violence / damaging School Property.
- Indulging in ragging.
- Stealing articles of hostel mates.
- To have jumped the school boundary wall.
- The following steps would be taken before a student’s permanent expulsion from school:
- The student would be counselled at school.
- The teacher will write in the student’s diary to inform his/her Parents.
- A yellow card (warning) will be issued and parents will be called to meet the Principal.
- A blue card (suspension for two weeks) will be issued.
- A red card (permanent expulsion from school/hostel) will be issued.
Reassurance from the student’s parents or the guardians will not be entertained.
The opportunity to educate children is a rare privilege and it brings a huge responsibility to provide the best education. The New Public School was established in 1960. Besides academic we take the responsibility extremely seriously as we aim to prepare our young boarders for success and happiness in their lives by providing outstanding progressive and well-rounded education.
We at NPS have been running a Hostel for the last 40 years. It is a matter of pride that The New Public School is ranked among the best residential schools in the city. The NPS attracts boarders not only from all over India but overseas as well.
We see it as our responsibility to bring out our boarders’ talents, to broaden their interests and to develop their personal qualities. To do this we aim to foster confidence, perseverance, tolerance and integrity; to enhance communication skills, to embrace creativity; to encourage team work; and to promote an open minded and outward looking mentality so that the students are ready to make a positive contribution to the society.
The boarders are twenty four hours with us and there is a fixed schedule with stringent rules which means a regimented life for them. For excellence in all spheres of life many varied activities are conducted to keep the boarders busy. A child learns etiquettes, punctuality, deportment (behaviour and attire) and how to organize himself in becoming self-sufficient. They are taught how to live together in a cordial environment with others from different backgrounds and faiths and are taught value of sharing in life. We care about the individual and pride ourselves in the warmth of a community in which all our boarders feel valued.
We are sensitive to parents’ concerns and expectations here at NPS. Parents are invariably keen that the hostel life should groom the child into a refined, responsible and confident youth with all the positive traits. If a child feels homesick, there should be a warm foster family feeling in the boarding; there should be guidance and counselling for the adolescent; and opportunities for participating in more activities than the school curriculum can accommodate during school hours.
At NPS academics is most important. Our pupils consistently achieve excellent results for which remedial classes and coaching through reputed teachers is provided to give them access to top universities in the country and overseas. Every year our students get selected in IITs, NIT and reputed Medical and Engineering colleges, NDA etc. For all round development we have excellent infrastructure and facilities: we provide specialized coaching in Music, Dance, Table Tennis, Chess, Tae-Kwondo, Badminton, Football, Basketball, Volleyball, Skating and Bicycling. We conduct workshop for Leadership enhancement, Dining etiquettes, deportment, Life Skills etc.
Hostel Fee is payable in two instalments:
- 1st instalment due on 1st April.
- 2nd instalment due on 1st September.
- Parents may make NEFT / E-Transfer as per details given below and inform the school authorities through Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with student’s details.
BANK CENTRAL BANK OF INDIA
IFSC CODE CBIN0283194
MICR CODE 160016010
BRANCH NAME Central Bank of India, New Public School
ADDRESS S.C.F. – 30 Sector 18-C Chandigarh – 160018
CONTACT NO. 172-2773416
STATE U.T. CHANDIGARH
School Account Name New Public School
Hostel Fee Account Number 3578052697
For payment of each instalment a grace period of 30 days is allowed after which Surcharge @ 5% per month shall be levied on the due amount.
- All dues are to be paid at the Central Bank of India, SCO 30, Sector 18-C, Chandigarh or through Crossed Bank Draft in favour of Principal, New Public School, Chandigarh.
- Names of the students, whose dues are not cleared to date, will be struck off the rolls and they will not be allowed to attend the classes. Re-admission charges as per school rules.
- Fee towards remedial / competitive classes would be paid to the teacher concerned directly by the parent.
- The second sibling will be given 10% concession on the annual hostel fee.
- Medical expenses will be borne by the parents.
- Taxes, if any, levied by the government will be extra.
- All disputes are subject to UT Chandigarh jurisdiction.
HOSTEL FACILITIES AND UTILITIES WITHDRAWAL AND FEE REFUND
- After First Admission to the School Hostel generally no refund of Hostel / School Fee is permitted on account of withdrawal during mid-session as a seat is blocked. A refund claim may, however, be admitted on merit after due consideration. If approved the amount of refund shall be within the limits stated below:
- Registration fee & admission fee will be refunded as per the school “Fee Refund Rules”.
- Withdrawal any time after First admission, but before the expiry of thirty days from the allotment of Hostel accommodation shall pay – 10% of the annual fee.
- Withdrawal any time after the expiry of thirty days, but not more than three months of the academic session shall pay- 30% of the annual fee.
- Withdrawal any time after the expiry of three months, but not more than five months of the academic session shall pay – 50% of the annual fee.
- Withdrawal any time after the expiry of five months of the academic session or August 31st shall pay – 100% of the annual fee.
- In case parents wish to withdraw their child from the hostel at the end of the academic session, they should submit their application for withdrawal latest by 15th March – failing which 50% of the security shall be forfeited.
- In case of Old Students the refund shall be within the limits stated below:
- Withdrawal any time before the expiry of three months of the academic session i.e. June 30th, shall pay – 50% of the annual fee.
- Withdrawal any time after the expiry of three months of the academic session i.e. June 30th, shall pay – 100% of the annual fee.
- Transfer certificate will be issued within seven working days of the request subject to the clearance of all school / hostel dues. The security will be refunded after a month of the request.
Refundable security must be collected within one year of the child’s leaving the School. After one year, the Parents forfeit their claim to the security.
- Parents/Registered Guardians may meet their wardonly on 2nd Sunday.
- Visiting hours for parents andRegistered Guardians;
9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.; 2:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Walking leave and Night out is allowed only with their Parents or Guardians and not with the families of their friends.
- Students will wear School uniform when they leave and return to the School Hostel.
- No walking leave will be given on days when there is school, Inter School fixtures or other important activities for which the presence of the child is necessary.
- Walking leave will be allowed once a month only on Second Sunday or Holidaysand at the discretion of the warden.
- Children on walking leave may leave the school premises with the parents or guardiansafter breakfast and must return by 6:30 p.m.If they report to School on the next day or thereafter, penalty of Rs. 2,000/- per day will be levied starting w.e.f. the day walking leave was granted.
- Night out leave may be issued on days specified in the calendar or at the discretion of the Administrator / Coordinator.A child must return by 6:30 p.m.
- Five (05) days leave may be granted for wedding of real brother / sister only. Leave will not be granted for weddings of cousins or for any other festivals etc. Leave must be applied with an invitation card, failing which leave will not be granted.
- Parents/Guardians should sign the register at the gate before taking away their ward.
- If a student remains absent without leave his / her name shall be struck off the rolls and will be granted readmission on a charge of readmission fee plus fine.
- A student of the school cannot be a guardian to her/his younger siblings.
- Late arrival fine for hostellers will be Rs.1000/- per day.
- Parents are liable to pay for any damage to school property @ 2500, 5000, 7500, 10000 without any dispute.
- Attendance on the Re-opening Day after summer break / winter break / other breaks is mandatory.
- Meeting and walking leave is not allowed during Examinations.
- The school shall not be liable for the safety of the student outside the school premises.
REMEDIAL / PREPARATORY CLASSES
- The School only facilitates coordination of parents with the service provider.
- No student will be allowed to attend Coaching / Tuition classes outside the school premises.
- Students who are weak in studies will be provided remedial / preparatory classes at the request of parents.
- Students of class V and below will be provided remedial classes by the school without any charges.
- For students who prefer special preparatoryclasses forCompetitive Exams (JEE, NEET, NDA, CLAT etc.) the same would be arranged within the school premises through reputed teachers.
- Fee towards remedial / special preparatory classes for Competitive Exams would be paid to the concerned teacher directly by the parents.
- Students must wear school uniform or sports dress at the appropriate time. Wearing of casual clothes is not permitted.
- All clothes, uniform should be marked.
- Keeping of Jewellery and money with a student is not allowed.Parents must not give cash / expensive gift items to their wards.
- Wrist watch is permitted only for Classes 8 to 12. Smart watches are not allowed.
- If a child needs special treatment, the medicine of a child should be deposited with the school authorities, along with the medical record.
- Camera, i-pods, MP3, etc. may be brought but shall be deposited with the school authorities on arrival and issued as and when required. If found without permission will be confiscated and will not be returned.
- Shaving blades, trimmers, dryers, straighteners and other such items are not allowed.
- The trunk, holdall and kit bag should bear the name of the child.
- Students are not allowed to spend their holidays with their relatives unless written approval of the parent or guardian has been communicated to the school authorities.
- Two photographs each of parents and relatives who are allowed to meet the ward should be deposited at the school office.
- Eatables / tucks sent from home should be handed over to the warden and are expected to be shared amongst friends. Junk food is not allowed in the hostel.
- Students are not allowed to lock their almirahs.
- Students are not allowed to do any formal communication with school office.
- In case student leaves the hostel, he / she must take the luggage on the day he / she leave.
- For children using spectacles, parents are requested to send two pairs of spectacles instead of one to meet any emergency.
- Parents are not allowed to visit the hostels.
NOTE: The school accepts no responsibility for valuable articles such as watches, electronic gadgets, cosmetics, etc.
MEDICAL AND HEALTH SERVICES
A doctor visits the School and is available 24X7 on phone for handling medical emergencies and a student may be referred to the GMCH Sector 16, Emergency or Dr.Bedi’s Nursing Home, Sec- 33-A accompanied by a responsible member of the staff and the parents/guardians will beinformed immediately. However, the school cannot be held responsible for any accident in the school.
- R.S. Bedi Paediatrician # 181, Sector 33, Chd. Ph: 2660181
- Mrs G. Bedi Gynaecologist # 181, Sector 33, Chd. Ph: 2605047
- Bedi Multi-Speciality Hospital Dentist # 181, Sector 33, Chd. Ph: 2605047
- N.K. AggarwalDentist S.C.O. 176, Sector 37-C, Chd. Ph: 2692894
- Gurjit Singh Eye Specialist # 219, Sector 33, Chd. Ph: 4646400
- MidicosCentre C.O. 801-802, Sec. 22-A, Chd. Ph: 9988999364
- It is prohibited to bring Mobile Phones/Electronic gadgets/Valuable Articles/Jewellery to school.
- In case a student is found in possession of a Mobile or sim card a fine of Rs. 25000/- will be levied, the mobile will be confiscated.
- Reassurance from the student, parents or guardians will not be entertained.
- Students may call home on Sundays.
- Maximum duration of call allocated is 5 minutes per child.
- Incoming calls may be received on Sundays at the timing indicated below:
- 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- 9:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Special arrangements can be made for NRI’s
- Students who are unable to receive call on Sunday will be allowed to call on specified numbers during the week.
- Parents must register their phone numbers on which their ward may make calls.
- Money is not to be kept with any student. Parents are requested to deposit the money with the School Account or Hostel Coordinator / In-charge and obtain a receipt. Money found with the students will be confiscated and shall not be returned.
- Coupons may be issued for the School Canteen.
CLOTHING / UNIFORM
- Warm and cotton clothes for holidays and evening wear should be sent as specified in the clothing list. If casual clothes are sent they will be parcelled home at the parent’s expense. A combination of uniform is not allowed.
- After passing out or in any other circumstances the student leaves / vacates the school hostel S/he should take all the personal belongings, clothes and bedding thereafter the school authorities shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of these items.
- The common room is intended for quiet board games and listening to light music.
- It may not be used for other work.
- Games should be put away tidily after use and every care should be taken of the equipment provided.
- Only the clothes specified on the school clothing list may be kept at school.
- All students must adhere to the school timings.
- No student is allowed in the dormitories at the following times:-
- WEEK DAYS – During School hours.
- SUNDAYS and HOLIDAYS – During Games time.
- Students should avoid staying in the dormitories during their free time.
- No student should go to bed before bedtime.
- There will be no talking after lights out.
- Dormitories/Lavatories may be used only at the times when students are allowed in the dormitories.
- Clothes and possessions must be kept tidily in the cupboards. Beds must be made properly.
- Borrowing of clothes is strictly forbidden.
- Hot water bath may be taken at the time specified.
- Indoor games like Chess, Carom, and Checker etc. may be played in the dormitories on Sundays and holidays. Sports equipment like bats, rackets, etc. may be brought to the school from home and must be kept with the warden.
- i-pods, MP3, players etc. are allowed on Sundays and holidays at the discretion of the warden.
- Entry to the Dining Hall is restricted to the appropriate time.
- All students must line-up before entering the dining hall.
- Food and drink may be consumed only in the dining hall.
- No reading material like newspaper, magazines, books etc. are to be taken to the Dining Hall.
- Do not speak loudly.
- Speak politely to the Mess Staff.
- Enter and exit the Dining Hall quietly and there should be no talking before or after the Grace.
- Do not drag chairs.
- Tuck like Jam, Sauces, Biscuits etc. may be brought to the Dining Hall.
- Table manners:-
- Use proper cutlery for eating.
- Place your cutlery at right angle to yourself when you have finished eating.
- Do not pile up your plate.
- Eat with your lips closed.
- Do not speak while eating.
- Do not place your elbows on the table.
- Do not reach out for a dish.
- The students who do not pass the rules test will not be allowed outing.
- These rules supersede all rules mentioned in the prospectus.