RULES / IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS for Hostel
School Session / Term
In accordance with the Central Board of Secondary Education, Delhi, the school observes the academic session from April to March.
” First Term : April to September.
” Second Term : October to March.
The school observes Summer Vacation, Deepawali Vacation and Winter Vacation.
Classes I to XII
Students should come to school not before 7:45 a.m. (Summer) 8:00 a.m. (Winter)
Summer Time: – 7:55 a.m. to 2:15 p.m.
Winter Time: – 8:15 a.m. to 2:20 p.m.
Playway to U.K.G.
Summer Time: – 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Winter Time :- 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
School Accounts Office (Public Dealing):- 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Parents and guardians are not allowed to walk into the classrooms to consult teachers during the school working hours. They may meet the Principal / Teachers during the Parent Teacher Meeting held as per Visiting Hours.
Principal’s Visiting Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Teacher’s Visiting Hours: 2:10 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Payment Schedule and Due Dates
Hostel Fee is payable in two instalments:
- 1st instalment due on 1st April.
- 2nd instalment due on 1st September.
- Parents may make NEFT / E-Transfer as per details given below and inform the school authorities through Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with student’s details.
BANK CENTRAL BANK OF INDIA
IFSC CODE CBIN0283194
MICR CODE 160016010
BRANCH NAME Central Bank of India, New Public School
ADDRESS S.C.F. – 30 Sector 18-C Chandigarh – 160018
CONTACT NO. 172-2773416
STATE U.T. CHANDIGARH
School Account Name New Public School
Hostel Fee Account Number 3578052697
For payment of each instalment a grace period of 30 days is allowed after which Surcharge @ 5% per month shall be levied on the due amount.
- All dues are to be paid at the Central Bank of India, SCO 30, Sector 18-C, Chandigarh or through Crossed Bank Draft in favour of Principal, New Public School, Chandigarh.
- Names of the students, whose dues are not cleared to date, will be struck off the rolls and they will not be allowed to attend the classes. Re-admission charges will be Rs. 500/-.
- Extra coaching/private tuition charges will be charged extra as per actual.
- The second child in brother / sister case will be given 10% concession on the annual hostel fee.
- Medical expenses will be borne by the parents.
- Taxes, if any, levied by the government will be extra.
- All disputes are subject to UT Chandigarh jurisdiction.
- In case parents wish to withdraw their child from the hostel at the end of the academic session, they should submit their application for withdrawal latest by 15th March otherwise the amount of security shall be forfeited.
- In case they want to withdraw their ward from the hostel during mid-session they shall have to pay the fee for the session as indicated in the subsequent paragraph.
- Transfer certificate will be issued within seven working days of the request subject to the clearance of all school / hostel dues. The security will be refunded after a month of the request.
Hostel Facilities and Utilities Fee Refund
- After First Admission to the School Hostel generally no refund of Hostel / School Fee is permitted on account of withdrawal during mid-session as a seat is blocked. A refund claim may, however, be admitted on merit after due consideration. If approved the amount of refund shall be within the limits stated below:
- Registration fee & admission fee are not refundable.
- Withdrawal any time after First admission, but before the expiry of thirty days from the allotment of Hostel accommodation shall pay – 10% of the annual fee.
- Withdrawal any time after the expiry of thirty days, but not more than three months of the academic session shall pay- 30% of the annual fee.
- Withdrawal any time after the expiry of three months, but not more than five months of the academic session shall pay – 50% of the annual fee.
- Withdrawal any time after the expiry of five months of the academic session or August 31st shall pay – 100% of the annual fee.
- In case of Old Students the refund shall be within the limits stated below:
- Withdrawal any time before the expiry of three months of the academic session i.e. June 30th, shall pay – 50% of the annual fee.
- Withdrawal any time after the expiry of three months of the academic session i.e. June 30th, shall pay – 100% of the annual fee.
Refundable security must be collected within one year of the child’s leaving the School. After one year, the Parents forfeit their claim to the security.
- Parents/Registered Guardians may meet their ward only on 2nd Sunday.
- Visiting hours for parents and Registered Guardians;
9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.; 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Students will wear School uniform when they leave and return to the School Hostel.
- No walking leave will be given on days when there is school, Inter School fixtures or other important activities for which the presence of the child is required.
- Walking leave will be allowed once a month only on Second Sunday and at the discretion of the warden.
- Children on walking leave may leave the school premises with the parents or guardians after breakfast and must return by 6:30 p.m. If do not return to School the same evening and report to School on the next day or thereafter, an enhanced penalty of Rs. 2,000/- per day will be levied starting w.e.f. the day walking leave was granted.
- Night out leave may be issued on days specified in the calendar or at the discretion of the Principal.A child on night out leave must return by 6:30 p.m.
- Students are allowed for Night out / walking leave with their Parents or Guardians only and not with the families of friends.
- Five (05) days leave may be granted for wedding of real brother / sister only. Leave will not be granted for weddings of cousins or for any other festivals etc. Leave must be applied with an invitation card, failing which leave will not be granted.
- Parents/Guardians should sign the register at the gate before taking away their ward.
- If a student remains absent without leave his / her name shall be struck off the rolls and will be granted readmission on a charge of readmission fee plus fine.
- Present student of the school cannot be a guardian to his/her younger siblings.
- Late arrival fine for hostellers will be Rs.1000/- per day.
- Parents are liable to pay for any damage to school property @ 2500, 5000, 7500, 10000 without any dispute.
- Attendance on the Re-opening Day after summer break / winter break / other breaks is mandatory.
- MEETING AND WALKING LEAVES ARE NOT ALLOWED DURING EXAMS.
- Students must wear school uniform or sports dress at the appropriate time. Wearing of casual clothes is not permitted.
- All clothes, uniform should be marked.
- Keeping of Jewellery and money with a student is not allowed. Parents must not give cash / expensive gift items to their wards.
- Wrist watch is permitted only for Classes 8 to 12. Smart watches are not allowed.
- If a child needs special treatment, the medicine of a child should be deposited with the school authorities, along with the medical record.
- Camera, i-pods, MP3, etc. may be brought but shall be deposited with the school authorities on arrival and issued as and when required. If found without permission will be confiscated and will not be returned.
- The trunk, holdall and kit bag should bear the name of the child.
- Students are not allowed to spend their holidays with their relatives unless written approval of the parent or guardian has been communicated to the school authorities.
- Two photographs each of parents and relatives who are allowed to meet the ward should be deposited at the school office.
- Eatables / tucks sent from home should be handed over to the warden and are expected to be shared amongst friends. Junk food is not allowed in the hostel.
- Students are not allowed to lock their almirahs.
- Students are not allowed to do any formal communication with school office.
- In case student leaves the hostel, he / she must take the luggage on the day he / she leaves.
- For children using spectacles, parents are requested to send two pairs of spectacles instead of one to meet any emergency.
- Parents are not allowed to visit the hostels.
NOTE: The school accepts no responsibility for valuable articles such as watches, electronic gadgets, cosmetics, etc.
Medical and Health Services
A doctor visits the School and is available 24X7 on phone for handling medical emergencies and a student may be referred to the GMCH Sector 16, Emergency or Dr. Bedi’s Nursing Home, Sec- 33-A accompanied by a responsible member of the staff and the parents/guardians will be informed immediately. However, the school cannot be held responsible for any accident in the school.
- R.S. Bedi Pediatrician # 181, Sector 33, Chd. Ph: 2660181
- Mrs G. Bedi Gynecologist # 181, Sector 33, Chd. Ph: 2605047
- N.K. Aggarwal Dentist S.C.O. 176, Sector 37-C, Chd. Ph: 2692894
- H.C. Gupta Orthopedic # 645, Sector 16-D, Chd. Ph: 2778234
- Diagnostic Centre Atulaya Health Care C.O. 112-13, Sec. 8-C, Chd. Ph: 9779599499
- Gurjit Singh Eye Specialist # 219, Sector 33, Chd. Ph: 4646400
- It is prohibited to bring Mobile Phones/Electronic gadgets/Valuable Articles/Jewellery to school.
- In case a student is found in possession of a Mobile or sim card a fine of Rs. 25000/- will be levied, the mobile will be confiscated.
- Reassurance from the student, parents or guardians will not be entertained.
- Students may receive calls once in a week.
- Maximum duration of call allocated is 5 minutes per child.
- Incoming calls may be received on Sundays at the timing indicated below :
- 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
b 9:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Students who are unable to receive call on Sunday will be allowed to call on specified numbers during the week.
- Parents must register their phone numbers on which their ward may make calls.
- Money is not to be kept with any student. Parents are requested to deposit the money with the School authorities and obtain a receipt. Money confiscated shall not be returned.
- Coupons may be issued for the School Canteen.
- Warm and cotton clothes for holidays and evening wear should be sent as specified in the clothing list. If casual clothes are sent they will be parcelled home at the parent’s expense. A combination of uniform is not allowed.
- The common room is intended for quiet board games and listening to light music.
- It may not be used for other work.
- Games should be put away tidily after use and every care should be taken of the equipment provided.
- Only the clothes specified on the school outfit list may be kept at school.
- All students must adhere to the school timings.
- No student is allowed in the dormitories at the following times:-
- WEEK DAYS – During School hours.
- SUNDAYS and HOLIDAYS – During Games time.
- Students should avoid staying in the dormitories during their free time.
- No student should go to bed before bedtime.
- There will be no talking after lights out.
- Dormitories/ Lavatories may be used only at the times when students are allowed in the dormitories.
- Clothes and possessions must be kept tidily in the cupboards. Beds must be made properly.
- Borrowing of clothes is strictly forbidden.
- Hot water bath may be taken at the time specified.
- Indoor games like Chess, Carom, and Checker etc. may be played in the dormitories on Sundays and holidays. Sports equipment like bats, rackets, etc. may be brought to the school from home and must be kept with the warden or with the knowledge of the warden.
- i-pods, MP3, players etc are allowed on Sundays and holidays at the discretion of the warden.
- Entry to the Dining Hall is restricted to the appropriate time.
- All students must line-up before entering the dining hall.
- Food and drink may be consumed only in the dining hall.
- No reading material like newspaper, magazines, books etc. are to be taken to the Dining Hall.
- Do not speak loudly.
- Speak politely to the Mess Staff.
- Enter and exit the Dining Hall quietly and there should be no talking before or after the Grace.
- Do not drag chairs.
- Tuck like Jam, Sauces, Biscuits etc. may be brought to the Dining Hall.
- Table manners:-
- Use proper cutlery for eating.
- Place your cutlery at right angle to yourself when you have finished eating.
- Do not pile up your plate.
- Eat with your lips closed.
- Do not speak while eating.
- Do not place your elbows on the table.
- Do not reach out for a dish.
Note : 1. The students who do not pass the rules test will not be allowed outing.
- These rules supersede all rules mentioned in the prospectus.